ML #18 - Healthcare Analytics and Open Source with Josh O'Rourke
Hosted by Mike Mastanduno
June 22, 2017 - 25min
This week, join us for an interview with Josh O’Rourke, a Senior Software Developer in revenue cycle management who is a software contributor to healthcare.ai and was most recently a solution architect at King’s Daughters Health System. There, Josh was critical to the hospital’s analytics strategy and introduced machine learning to leaders within the organization. Join us for a conversation as we cover the following items:
- Lessons learned from implementing analytics at a community health system
- The importance of establishing a data governance committee
- How his team approached executives about analytic use cases and ML
- How ML and open source are being received in healthcare
Links to Mentioned Materials:
- Demystifying Healthcare Data Governance – Health Catalyst – Need to develop a healthcare data governance strategy? To begin, executives must find the right level of governance needed for…
What topic or projects should we feature?
Let us know what you think would make it great.